The 2008 Agricultural Operation Practices Act Reference Guide provides agricultural operations in Alberta with information on:
- How the Agricultural Operation Practices Act (AOPA) applies to various agricultural operations that handle manure.
- The requirements and regulations under AOPA that deal with siting; manure storage, collection and application; feeding and bedding sites; livestock corrals; soil testing and analysis; and record keeping.
- The issues related to ongoing compliance and enforcement.
Copies of this guide are available at all NRCB field offices.
The NRCB has also prepared guides to help livestock operators with permit applications under the Agricultural Operation Practices Act (AOPA).
- The "NRCB Application Process" provides an overview of the AOPA application process, and
- "How to Complete the AOPA Application Form" provides information and examples to help livestock operators complete the application forms. This guide is divided into sections that accompany the Part 1 and Part 2 application forms.
These guides are available online (below) and at all NRCB field offices.
If you have any questions about the guides or completing the permit applications, please contact an approval officer at an NRCB field office nearest you.
- NRCB Application Process
- How to Complete Part 1 - General Information and Disclosure
- How to Complete Part 2 - Technical Requirements, General Information
- How to Complete Part 2 - Technical Requirements, Liquid Manure Storage
- How to Complete Part 2 - Technical Requirements, Solid Manure, Compost & Composting Materials
- How to Complete Part 2 - Technical Requirements, Runoff Control Catch Basins